North Carolina’s Southeast is a regional public-private partnership that markets the southeast region, nationally and globally to encourage new economic growth. Business and government leadership work together in this partnership to promote the region and its assets through The Southeastern Partnership, a 501c6 organization. Click here to learn more.
The southeast region is a highly unique and competitive economic region because of its diversity of assets, including:
- International port (Wilmington, NC)
- Four of the largest military installations in the world
- One of the most productive agricultural bases in the nation as ranked by Farm Futures Magazine
- Six universities. Fifteen community colleges.
- Three interstate highways.