- Strategically located within a 200 mile radius of Boeing 787 Dreamliner facility, GE Aircraft Engines, Spirit AeroSystems, HondaJet, and General Dynamics.
- Largest military presence on the east coast: Seymour Johnson Airforce Base, Marine Corps Camp Lejeune, Marine Corp Air Station New River, Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, US Coast Guard Sector NC, US Army Fort Bragg, and Pope Army Airfield.
- 6 Airports with adjacent industrial parks, 3 of which have uncontrolled airspace
- 18,000+ exiting military personnel annually with skill sets that can easily be applied to the Aviation and Aerospace industry.
- Workforce that is 10% more productive than the national average.
- Mid-Atlantic Location gives access to 200 Million US and Canadian residence in a one-day drive time
- The second lowest unionization rates in the country (4.1%).
- Existing large metalworking cluster and advanced manufacturing workforce.
- 2 deep water ports in NC and within 200 miles of the highest volume ports on the east coast (Norfolk, VA and Charleston, SC)
- Free customizable training programs through NC’s Community College system at any of our eight Community Colleges.
- Foreign Trade Zone 214 at the Port of Wilmington and Foreign Trade Zone 93 inland.
- Several programs and initiatives statewide to increase NC’s Aviation and Aerospace cluster.
- Highly competitive incentives and financial assistance.
- Population growth at nearly twice the national average.
- Quality of life that attracts and retains talent with a cost of living that is lower than the national average.