- Center for Defense and Homeland Security at Fayetteville State University - a new research and development initiative in support of the mitigation and recovery of natural and man-made catastrophic disasters, within the U.S.
- All American Defense Corridor– A key national security zone stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to the Research Triangle Region resulting in one of the largest defense installations in the western hemisphere.
- NC Military Business Center – assists NC companies in locating and bidding on defense contracts. Also helps companies locate ex-military workers for jobs.
- NC Military Foundation– works to coordinate state and regional efforts to grow NC’s military and defense sectors.
- Specially designed Military Business Parks – designed with defense contractors in mind, parks under construction to be ready for defense/security companies.
- Mid-Atlantic location gives access to 200 Million US and Canadian residence in a one-day drive time.
- 18,000+ exiting military personnel annually.
- Workforce that is 10% more productive than the national average.
- The second lowest unionization rates in the country (4.1%).
- Existing large metalworking cluster and advanced manufacturing workforce.
- 2 deep water ports in NC and within 200 miles of the highest volume ports on the east coast (Norfolk, VA and Charleston, SC)
- Free customizable training programs through NC’s Community College system at any of our eight Community Colleges.
- Foreign Trade Zone 214 at the Port of Wilmington and Foreign Trade Zone 93 inland.
- Highly competitive incentives and financial assistance.
- Population growth at nearly twice the national average.
- Quality of life that attracts and retains talent with a cost of living that is lower than the national average.