Workforce and Training Advantages
- Metalworking companies in the region employ more than 3,500 individuals.
- More than 100 metalworking companies have facilities in the region, a 29% increase since 2005.
- NC ranks #1 in the US for National Metalworking Skills credentials.
- 2 Community Colleges in the Region (Cape Fear and Fayetteville Technical Colleges) offer Machining Technology Programs.
- 6 Community Colleges in the Region (Bladen, Brunswick, Cape Fear, Fayetteville Technical, Sampson, and Southeastern Community Colleges) offer Welding Technology Programs.
- The Community College system also offers the general Manufacturing Certification Program with a level 2 & 3 focus on the metalworking industry.
- Mid-Atlantic Location gives access to 200 Million US and Canadian residence in a one-day drive time.
- Workforce that is 10% more productive than the national average.
- The second lowest unionization rates in the country (4.1%).
- Existing large metalworking cluster and advanced manufacturing workforce.
- 2 deep water ports in NC and within 200 miles of the highest volume ports on the east coast (Norfolk, VA and Charleston, SC)
- Free customizable training programs through NC’s Community College system at any of our eight Community Colleges.
- Foreign Trade Zone 214 at the Port of Wilmington and Foreign Trade Zone 93 inland.
- Highly competitive incentives and financial assistance.
- Population growth at nearly twice the national average.
- Quality of life that attracts and retains talent with a cost of living that is lower than the national average.