- #1 in U.S. in Metalworking Skills credentials
- 6,700+ employed in metalworking
- 400+ welding graduates each year in the region
- Nearly 2,000 structural and metal fabricators
- Companies already in the region produce steel coils, attic fans, aluminum fencing, grills, steel packing straps, metal buildings, pipe fittings and nails
- Technical degrees and certificates and University 2+2 engineering programs
- Numerous metalworking building resources
North Carolina’s Southeast has a cluster of metal manufacturing companies that make a range of products, including steel coils, attic fans, aluminum fencing, grills, steel packing straps, metal buildings, pipe fittings, and nails. While the largest industry segments represented in the region include sheet metal work and prefabricated metal buildings, almost all other components of the sector are represented.
Overall, North Carolina's Southeast has more than 6,700 people employed in metalworking industries. Community colleges in the region offer customized worker and classroom training in welding and metal fabrication and technology. Machining technology and robotics programs are also available.